Family road trip can often become less enjoyable if children are bored in the car. This article gives the Tips For Family Road Trips on how to make the family travel stress-free and enjoyable. So you are planning to go on a vacation by road this year. That’s nice. However prior planning comes in real handy, especially when you have small children on board and are planning to take your pet too (you’ll see that is one of the advantages of going by road trip).Traveling by road can be fun or tedious and monotonous depending upon your planning. The best time to hit the roads is early morning as you get a head start with less traffic and little pollution. With airline trips becoming more and more challenging and prices constantly increasing, now is a fine time to plan a family road trip vacation. So here are few tips that will make your road-trip vacation a memorable experience.
Simple Tips For an Awesome Family Road Trip
1. Mode of transport: Deciding whether you want to hire a matador, take your own car, hire rent-a-car services, or take a bus is an important and a basic thing while planning a family road trip. If you are planning to take your car then remember to get it serviced well before the planned vacation so that it is ready when you want to go for your vacation. Also ensure that your car is a comfortable one for a road trip as the trip can be tiring for both children and adults.
2. Driving decision: OK! So you are taking your car and now you need to decide whether you will drive or you will hire a professional driver so that you can enjoy the scenery with your family. Although having a professional driver may not be a very good idea on a family road trip, however, experts suggest that unless you are pretty sure of your driving skills you should let the professional driver handle the highway traffic. You can take over (if you want to drive) once you have left the city and are driving through the greens.
3. Things to be taken along: Another advantage of going for a vacation by road is that you can as much as you want. However, taking as much as you want can prove to be tussle among your family members especially with children.
They will want to take all their toys and the other playmates. That can be tricky more so if you allow one child to take all his or her toys. So be patient with them and make them understand that they can pack maximum of two of their favorite toys preferably soft toys. Apart from some board games which as a family you all can enjoy.
4. Safety measures: Once you have planned your trip and all the other necessary things have been taken care of then you need to give thought to another important aspect of your trip and that is safety on roads. These are few of the things to be kept in mind for a safe road trip
a. Car seat: If you are traveling with young children then car seat is a must have in your safety measures list. Car seat is always a best and safe option for children as the child fits snugly in it and has restrictive movements. Also it absorbs the shocks and jolts of the road trip giving your child a smoother riding experience.
b. First aid safety kit: Another important thing to take along on your travel is a first aid safety kit which will include all your medicines for common cold, headaches, diarrhea, motion sickness and anti-septic cream and lotion.
5. Don’t overeat: Yes, that’s right. While on the road trip take frequent meals or snacks but at no time should you stuff yourself. For one you will feel uncomfortable and start feeling dizzy or you may want to make frequent stops to pass motion. Either way is not a healthy state. So make sure you stop frequently to grab a bite and to avoid leg cramps. This will also give time to your children and pet to straighten their legs.